Sunday, April 15, 2007

A tough day for art


I would have stayed home but I couldn't do nearly as well as this. Untitled (Pineapple) by Saul Steinberg. Note Don Quiote commencing his charge. The late artist is famous for his New Yorker Magazine drawings for six decades, but of course I'm just discovering him, and quite blown away by his humor and invention, as well as a very accessable style. Makes me believe I can actually create something with simple pen lines, some colored pencil and a bit of collage. I won't dull the blogosphere by blasting myself for not thinking like an artist, for my life is filled with far greater things, currently.
To make up for my thus far shoddy efforts at sketching and doodlecraft I've visited Saul 2 days in a row, in rain, through DC Japanese-American fests, thru a lecture today I could barely stay awake thru. The lesson this weekend is to enjoy the repose and tranquility of the couch and my companion. Maybe a bit of laundry with spur my creativity.

I got mad skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home