Thursday, February 22, 2007

Carry on...with caution



Feeling fine, quite good actually. But pardon the blog for being somewhat cagey. I'd like to tell my public all about what I did tonight, who I met, what I saw. But recent comments by an ignoramus I know vaguely and all too well had been commenting negatively, fabricating media with my images and putting computations together like (2+2=0). So I will not disclose anything about my immediate social life because it's nobody's business but my own and my SO.

So I will leave with a few suggestions:
1. The current New Republic. Great article on Tom Vilsack, The Wrong Surge. I wish I could hang around the business mail post office to read and talk politics with these hometown DC folks.
2, The Departed on DVD. Best movie in at least 3 years-better win the Oscar.
3. Waylon Jennings-The Journey. 12 CD Anthology. Took a while to find the right material for this golden-throated singer. Equal parts rock and roll, country and folk. Truly was a one of a kind.

3 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, Blogger Spyro Poulos said...

Dude - the departed was NOT that good - riddle me these things...
1. Didn't seem ridiculous that Leo and Matt were constatntly using their cell phones on jobs and busts and no one said anything?
2. Why didn't DeCaprio JUST FUCKING CALL MARK WAHLBURG when his identity was in question - the guy was suspended off the force NOT dead?
3. How many people do you know who are all interconnected that way that conveniantly for a story line? Come on! Build a stronger bridge from one character to another NOT just serendipity!
4. Don't you think the final scene should have been set 3 years in the future so the audience could get the feeling the bad guy gets awat with it just for a second?

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger G Force said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm definitely in the mood to rewatch the Departed, I'll keep your notes in mind. It is a rather complex style they're doing, sort of emulating the Hong Kong original. It was so satisfying in the theater, I said to J "Awesome!" when the credits rolled (with Roy Buchanan's signature tune) Oy, I loved it.

Won Oscars for Best Director, Picture & Editing. Pretty sweet showing for Scorsissy.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger G Force said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home