Saturday, July 29, 2006

In other news...


And now for something slightly more substantial. I've been tinkering on the blog with a degree of selective honesty, as the barista thing became less compelling to me, more of an embarrassment, professionally speaking. Actually I've found myself at parties fibbing about how I earn my paycheck. As enriching as my Smithsonian time is, it has netted me a total of 25 cents and assorted abandoned swag, minus travel costs (very litlle).

Soon I will start a job which in someways might become something of a career. How apt indeed being around print media pros, and living with one as well (Hola poo!) that I should end up "doing it on the paper" as well.

I still don't want to divulge too much but I will declare that my coffeeshop job is kaput after Mondays lunch rush. Assuming I survive it I will start my new job on Tuesday.

So here I am on the cusp, armed with a new wardrobe and humble hopes on the soles of my Sketchers. Eager to earn and learn!

And the irony is, I was about to leave this coffeshop job and take another coffeeshop job. I'd had it with the overall stress and mismanagement and was not fullfilling my creativity with the coffee drinks. I mean, look at this capuccino in particular. It's kind of erotic, don't you think? How rarely did I get to serve a coffee in a mug with a copious, marbelized, lovely and fresh layer of foam on top. Hot stuff, I know. But I look forward to having a bit of time to relax in a hip place where I can admire and digitally photograph a sweet cup of joe of my own!