Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independence Jam '06



This was a fun year, different, and heavily involved. In years past I would do the typical musician activity for the 4th of July, which is hang out at home and practice, or record a self indulgent demo jam.
I did my first tour of the reopened Smithsonia American Art museum, squeezed in about 1/4th of it. So much knowledge to take in, all the portrait of our forefathers, early senators and civil war players, mingling with the modern artists. Just endless information. A couple more runs and I'll be up to speed.
I got back home in time to help Julie finish the laundry and dodge the ubiquitous summer downpour (I'm presently enjoying another one) Fortunately the weather cleared up and cooled down so we had a nice rooftop BBQ at Stacy and Peters (he just moved in-down the block). Beers, burgers, sausage salad. Then we pranced down to the White House South lawn to take in the fireworks, symphonic music, Dove Bars, All our pictured buds from the press corps (more photos pending approval).