Sunday, December 24, 2006

Xmasukkah Mullitude



Being a Jew during the Xmas season has sometimes given me pause to break out my jolly stick. Not that Hannukah is sober, not at all, there have been some great ones. What has always been there is my giving in small ways to balance the two great spiritual forces and generally deflect them outward in that spirit of All-American inclusiveness. We do it all here. I wouldn't necessarily want equal time between a jolly Rebbe and a even more jolly St. Nick. Wait, is Santa Claus the same guy? What do I call him? Nicholas Claus? Mr. Claus, what is a Santa any way, a saint is a saint, and he sure does saintly work alright. Does it make sense to put on pounds for appearance sake but have to climb up and down chimneys and such.
It is a priviledge and an obligation of this blog to ponder these things, while enjoying the priviledge and joy of the accoutremont and the love of this season with my lovey counterpart. By staying in town and avoiding the greater family entanglements we are giving back to our more isolated comrades, some going through painful breakups, soothing them with wine, melted cheese and pleasant chat. J asks if I mind all this, no of course not. I enjoy the company and I enjoy the giving, like a spoon of porridge to young Mr. Twist.
Merry all, happy all.

1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmm m m m mm m. Porridge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home