Friday, December 01, 2006

Thank God It's Union Job Friday


It's been over 2 working days since our $75,000 Konica Minolta copier broke down at my job. It did so rather arbitrarily. All that remained was to deliver our last successfully copied paper to the Business Mail Depot in Brentwood. This place feels like the ultimate achivement for USPS personnel to rest their weary feet at last behind a big gray desk and demand correct paperwork.
Today I caught the fellows not too busy, but in the midst of Xmas holiday decorations. Several boxes of ornaments from years of use were laid out. There were wreaths about 12" diameter being Scotch taped into windows 2 X 4, centered and looking like a bum smear. There were lights wrapped around cardboard for storage. One worker about 60 years old was hanging a single red ornament suspended by a ribbon in the center of a massive hanging metal duct.
I told him "You don't seem to be having much fun."
He replied "As long as I'm getting paid, I don't care"
I said "But this is fun stuff"
October was more fun, it was Business Mail Customer Appreciation week and they had Frito snacks, donuts and soda laid out. Just enought to ruin my lunch appetite.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home