Sunday, January 07, 2007

Emulating the master?


2006 may have been the first year since 1988 that I did not play a single gig. I'm really not sure if i can count the Hispanic Street Festival, since it was so unprepared. It was noteworthy though that I shook hands with DC Mayor-to-be Adrian Fenty, but the performance was a mess.

Doubtless he captured the gay vote.

I'm also hesitant to count the improv-collective jam I took part in at the Electric Possible series at GW (linked above-tonight there is a ballyhooed THEREMANIA Extravaganza). The night I played I had the only non-electric instrument, and still sported hair on my head by the time the performance was done.

So, I'm still putting myself out the on CList and word of mouth. I'm working on cover tunes I can play with deep concentration and conviction, like Segovia (pictured) doing pop hits of the day. Note the calmness of his demeanor and his pillowy sausage fingers. Imagine if he could sing too. That's what I'm going for.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home