Sunday, July 17, 2005

More humidity...

Yes it's humid out there folks. Strap a plant, maybe some self secreting aloe to keep you from dehydrating. Did my customary Afro/Cuban jam session in the park. The older guys were spent, trying to entertain their homeless amigos. The high point had to have been my distorted electric mandolin shred. I'm surprised how far they like my taking it the melodicism far far out. Everytime I picked up my fruit shakers they felt like exploding with hot juice.
And if that doesn't get you hot, wait til I expound upon the big gay play in the nabe. Perhaps I still feel culturally isolated within my own habitues. Yes I attended the DC Pride parade, yes I go to Smart Ass slightly queer trivia night and you betcha I nail the questions on musicals. And did I mention I've filmed 3 way male scenes? So to go to a community theater in a full house of mostly gay communit(ees) and see nude actors showering up...I feel part of something different.
It was called TAKE ME OUT. Depicted a superstar baseball player outing himself to his teammates (the media apparently quite accepting) dealing with a redneck closer and an unrequited M lover was well done indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home