Thursday, November 03, 2005

The positive aspects of the why bother ethos.


I still don't understand how looking for a job can possibly be a full time job. I understand that there are perhaps hundreds(??) of government buildings in DC. But if you don't have those little credentials on a lanyard hanging on you, you can't get past the lobby of any of them. I don't blame them, what with all the wackos on the street here. I might be slightly more respectable looking but it doesn't quite come off as very hospitable. This is in no direct criticism of the place I applied at today. This one had a very nice lobby with photos of the radio personalities I could peruse,lovingly.

All in all, it was a pleasant day. Thinking optimistically, I walked around Gallery Place envisioning where I might regularly go to lunch, although that's assuming alot. It ain't a desk job I applied for, although i do DO desks. Clean and dust them that is.
After this perusement I began to feel rather chafed and I chastised myself for my self destructive act of man-scaping.

And so concludes the most boring of posts from a most bored of pseudo-uber-semi-professionals.
Enjoy the photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home