Tuesday, January 03, 2006

How to roll (your eyes) in 2006


Shoppers anxiety is a tough thing to overcome, but it's easier if you have good credit. I have no job, but good credit. Hey employers, that means I'm doubly good and responsible. And I can spell. And I'm smart enough to walk into Best Buy and locate the right product at the right time. HDTV is coming down, steady and sure. Got the right size at the right (fixed) price. A year ago this unit was probably going for a bunch more bux with half as many HD channels available, Can't wait until Friday.
By the way (BUYERS INCLUDED-READ THIS) there is Nothing Wrong with our current set. I may not have measured it right, it's a 25 or 3o inch Sanyo. Kinda old school, so old in fact, it's dates back to another life...a transition if you will. Apparently a gift from my dear Julie's not so dear ex-husband. Um....asshole, stop checking me out on Friendster with those imaginary bitches you like to invent. Listen HUN, I don't wanna chat, thank you.
A postmordem apparently in order for the staffing agency who will be without my prodigious services. I do feel embarrassed and sullied about my resume padding. Actually it's more like puttying. I'm proud of my background like I like my smile, even though I have a gap between my 2 front teeth you can squeeze a credit card through. It's not a stinky abcess, it's character. As was my 5 years of self-employment, a period rich in artistic pursuit and social service. And I did search my ass off and fax resumes on a regular basis from the Worker Career Center (25 Elm Pl., Brooklyn). But I suppose something in my lifestyle indicated that I was something of an outcast, which is clearly not the case now. Anyway, I dont' blame them for not forgiving me on this one, and you know, they're not the only employment agency out there, if that's the route I'm going to go anyway. Temping is by it's nature temporary no matter how autonomous you may be. Hey if you were a fully trained, finshed product by now, you wouldn't be knocking on the thick glass doors of an agency would you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home