Monday, May 22, 2006

Withheld, Offered


Withheld, Offered
Originally uploaded by gragsie.
I have not altered this photo in any way, respectful of the original photographer's original artistic vision. But I was just looking for an artsy shot representative of the give and take kinda relationship I have with my manager. A minor event occurred today, some embarrasment with a purpose apparently, certainly unnecessary in my opinion. I digress...


Note the hairy arms. He's hairier than I am, has a bit of dry skin surrounding is copious beard at all times, not flattering. But this is not about hair or sexuality mind you, although I got the pic off a gay picture page. Something about bears...hmmm.
Digress I must again. Is a single small cup of regular coffee worth embarrasing a customer whose debit card was declined, and embarrass the associate that allows him to walk out of the store? You make somebody feel good, but that means somebody must feel bad? How does that make sense? Is the manager there to support his staff, vice versa or both? It is both IMHO.

Will I ever make anything resembling a reasonable income in this job relies on a bit of mutual trust and effort on both parts. See the pot? You gotta plant a seed, brotha! Just a note to the universe...Plan B is coming home to roost not quickly enough!