Saturday, August 05, 2006

Challenging Adjustments



It's safe to say, I'm free and clear of service industry entanglement. Now it is back to the office, where I have not meandered daily since 1995. There it will be the same faces, relative silence and repetitious comfort. I would have enjoyed this week all the more if not for my sinuses.

Oh, my sinuses...eh heh! Hennn! Gnah! What is wrong with me? The triple digit days have passed, I've taken Claritin, Benadryl, Zinc lozenges, tea. I even had cereal and milk to battle any calcium deficiency. Thankfully, I no longer work weekends so I have a bit of home time on this lovely day to blog and self-analyze. Girlfriend is in Waco covering the dearth of news surrounding Bush's vacation, but no fear, Sheehan will find the cameras soon.

Back to the job, it sort of involves publishing a legal daily paper. Much of it involves posting probate releases, detailing Death and Representation. We had a power lunch @ Jimmy's on K Street, a very fine shirt and tie eatery. The maitre'd was most hospitable and the waitress, very elegant in black dress announced that she's had a fine week until her air conditioner broke and she'd been sweating her ASS off! Ahem...may I see the Whine List please?

So the office will consist of my boss, Don who looks like Private Pyle, the occasional appearance of Mike, the legal editor who writes the headnotes of opinions, as he's done for 50 years, and myself. One more week of training with Caleb, who I'm replacing and is off to be doted on by his folks in Long Island. At this point I have about half the job down, the rest will sink in further once my sinuses let up, and I have my OFFICE cleaned and decorated (modestly)
S'cuze me while I exclaim... "WHOOO!"

Why Doc Strangelove? The movie's been on my mind...I think I must have a viewing!