Thursday, July 28, 2005

Results?!?!


Sweaty G near the end of my journey. Across from the house of W. I mean Whitey. Yo, I'll take my own damn picture!


Lincoln Mem/Wash. Monument shot from Arlington


Kennedy Center shot from Teddy Roosevelt Bridge

No, I did not join the gay gym. Not that there's anything wrong with it.
Certainly would be nice to isolate those chest muscles in an air conditioned environment. But after 90 minutes of the total gym experience (per sessipon, not lifetime) and I'm done, right? Bored.
So i get on the bike and conquer the town. Strap on my man-bag (whose contents I will not reveal) and book, baby. The town's a breeze,and much free stuff to do. Unfortunately i must share it with tourists and if it is my wish, partake of their entertainment. I found Kennedy Center to be most accomodating, elegant and cool. But the Millenium festival of free shows has been quite lame I must say. Yesterday, Catfish Hodge's elderly Blue Ridge folk blues was affable, friendly, safe and somnambulant. The crowd drawled in approval. I tried to wait until the sun went well down to get some vivid twilight photos along Ladybird Johnson Park, along the Potomac facing the monuments, so I was in Arlington, VA for about a mile's trek and back in towards Lincoln Mem.
Today I did the same shlep. Bruto Roy (no relation to Badal Roy) had his little fusion group. I'm just too wise for this stuff. Couldn't stay. I was hungry and decided to ride home in heavy rain. It's soft warm, comforting pellets and I see business people walking home soaked to the gills.
Me and J watched Gosford Park, proving that I can endure a movie with jodphurs. I just pretended it was Renoir's Rules of the Game, which it practically is.No offense, I like Robert Altman, keep it up old fellow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home