Thursday, January 05, 2006

Might I be cooking?



A productive day with a different sort of banging my head against the proverbial wall. Hooked up the printer/scanner/fax combo, doing much realignment as I went. I thought it might be more complex, having the DSL router and filters to deal with, but with the splitter handy it gave me the confidence to forge on. Later on I was inspired to finally reconfigure my Mac Mail to utilize my unused thus far verizon account. I am now Murkini and (real name) @verizon.net.
I proceeded up 15th to Ritz camera to pick up more online photo prints. They had the For Hire sign up since before Xmas but I hadn't yet caught the right vibe to opine about the poisition. When I finally did, the manager was actually elated, saying "great, I just had to fire my whole staff!" Oh well, looks like I might have an (immediate) future there.
Walking back I started listening to Ye Olde Space band...the 2nd album from The Moog Cookbook. This is just about the most delightful sugar-coated classic rock kitsch you'll ever hear. Can't help feeling good listening to this. I remember back in my roadie days of 1997-98 when I had the 1st album on cassette and I turned everyone on to it. They didn't think this band existed, and with a slight exaggeration, word of mouth and suspended disbelief, the general belief was that this was actually a demo tape of mine, my secret collaboration with David Lee Roth. Which is not far from the truth. I did cut some groovy organ demos and Moog Cookbook is actually a duo frm LA. Speaking of Roth, I hear he has replaced Howard Stern for the morning shift on K-Roc. Interesting choice. Wonder how he's doing. Does DC simulcast this?
Back to the Moog boys, they are so fucking good they had me iPod dancing to the boss bossa nova version of Black Hole Sun like I was one-dimensional. It might be a couple of days before I get into Johnny Cash mode. Gotta get Unearthed.
Currently celebrating the end of College Football season with a bucket of Popeyes Chicken. Happy eve!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home