Friday, August 26, 2005

Dogg Days

Saw bits of my old haunts last couple of days and the unifying force this summer has been construction. Man, I should have been an engineer or something. Would have earned me the right to sit on my ass all through football season content with the knowledge of all the revenue-generating structures I helped to build all summer. All pipe dreaming aside, Port Washington now has more interior design stores, banks and delis, Williamsburg has more skin-care salons, bars, a Subway (omigod, a chain store)and restaurants known more for their industrial furniture and metal facades than their food. And Manhattan, what else is new? The New York Times Building and the HEarst building on 8th avenue alone had me hankering for a crosswind. And CNN-Time Warner center is just frightening to me in it's awful ostentatiousness. Like an upturned tack for the God's to step on painfully, but oh how necessary to reclaim such a prime spot of green.

So here I am in Conneticuit again, heavily medicated, a nose that won't unclog. My Texas souveniers were a hit, though I was bleary in my regalious delivery, it was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home