Monday, February 13, 2006

Danger Drinks

Just a comment, and I want to be as un-presumptuous as possible. I myself am slightly lactose-intolerant, and have a mild capacity for caffeine, which I do consider healthy. But as I've been a barista for almost a week now, I've made at least one beverage a day that I would have to question on it's merits of drinkability. A drink that would surely put me in a cramped position in a cramped porcelain portal. A 20 Oz. hot chocolate, made with steamed half and half with whipped cream? Normal people should not consume such levels of sugar. I mean I have no qualms about preparing it, it's fun, I could whip up latte's all day, got recipie ideas already. But I have noticed that 2 of my own concoctions in 4 hours is too much for me. It's better to be in a state of slight fatigue. I've maintained my equilibrium on bread, soda water and Ricolas during the lunchtime rush.
A caramel mocha artic latte? Milk was a bad choice, sayeth Ron Burgundy. Just be careful people. Skim milk makes better foam and foam is what it's all about. Be the envy of your friends and co-workers and work that foam. And syrup=sugar, so no need to add to it. My work is a work in progress. A big ugh on the way when I see my paycheck. If I get the energy, I'll start a newsgroup on baristas, as a current phenomenon. Revered or Reviled?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home