Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Epic Trials of G


I made a doodle! A doodle! Doodle!

What am I doodling? If I had a shrink he'd say I see myself at the eye of a storm, a hurricane of tourists and govenment workers. I sit imagining I am a piece of mail being processed, or is it flying free. There must be a term for self analysis via blog. Am I the only person doing this? Well since it's ablog, no one will be catching in unless you want to buy some space, you're better off buying your own space if you haven't already. Anyway, my shift was more animated, the surveyors fortunately gone and the springtime tourists are beginning to creep in, with malicious enthusiasm at times. I like that.

So I have something of a schedule now, or at least a pattern of being abused and exposed to a cruel and unforgiving public. I bear the cross and I like it. Yesterday it was 10 1/2 hours working a counter at Cosi is like being an unofficial Ambassador in this town. I find myself suggestive selling, although for other establishments. We don't sell ice cream and I can't really endorse the Arctic Smoothie for it's high sugar content and lack of resemblance to anything I've ever found digestable. Add caramel, mocha or mint to it and you have some illness in ya.

Tomorrow is a genuine day off, flexablity maintains my equilib. I will go to the library to find an English/Spanish textbook. I must brush up for any or all of my future careers which are appearing now in their infancy, I approach all with great hope and amplomb with customary gregariousness. I can still be a bit much for people, forcing a sense of humour down their throat when they least expect it. Don't let work do that to you I say.