Friday, March 17, 2006

It works in L.A.?????


Whip
Originally uploaded by powerbooktrance.
Yeah I got somethin' foamy for ya!


Usually I like to remember the most disgusting drink I prepare each day, like a hot chocolate with half and half for instance, but today it's a simple coffee event of a simple drink with a dissasfied customer with a cryptic reasoning. A soy latte....extra foamy. Being essentially a water-based product, you can scald yourself for hours it seems and not be able to foam soy milk. As I learned...the woman customer refused the beverage with a few common and a few odd statements.

It's my one treat for the day.
Starbucks lattes suck
I just want my money back.
It works in LA, but....

Eh? Are we talking altitude? smog effect? A different brand, technique, hair color? Air pressure? Rate of assholism per brain cell?
What works in LA? Did anything work during the power crisis there? No thanks to Enron and Ahnold...Gray Davis, I like your name, and I hope you run for president just to piss off anyone who defies Enron toadies, Bush backers and Schwartzenwackers.

I know there must be at least a hlf dozen people who read this blog, I'm sure you're highly caffeinated, maybe spent a great deal of time on the other coast, more than I have for sure. So straighten me out. What's up with these people? Are they just jerks, I'm just a simple man but I've acquired a major skill in a month that seems so easy and simple after all. I still struggle sometimes with the steamed milk, and with Soy I've met my match. As it some kind of coastal thing? And what is it about Starbucks and that burnt paper flavor that makes it so addictive? And is there some kind of rationalization involved by having a marble macchiatto instead of a brownie? Do you think if you spend more money on a dessert lighter than a solid sugar that you're saving yourself calories and looking more chic doing it? Where does this vanity end?
Please submit a comment. This is a professional talking. 5 weeks, baby. You should see the way I squeeze between the counter. It takes nerves of steel, discipline like a samurai and the accuracy of a crooked accountant.

Not likely I bet. We take so much for granted, no we can take getting fucked for granted. Hey, if Enron can take down the country's longest tenured accountants (Anderson) along on it's sinking ship, it could take down all the banks that cashed their checks...oh let's call them loans. What $ucker(ie$)$$$$$$