Saturday, April 15, 2006

More minor tragedies/What'cha gonna do when the well runs dry


Ah, Saturday. Springtime and relflection on this lovely late morn. Yesterday is gone and I wonder..still I wonder...is that espresso machine still not workin'. Thank the lord lord lord it made it through the morn. But before lunch lo and behold I found a leak and the water was a'poolin from behind. I said whoa, somethinn' ain't right. I made a call and the people did come crouching down and bringing their screwdrivers. And we all wondered how could this be? It was a dark day for our patrons. We couldn't make a latte, couldn't even sell a Snapple or a Dasani 'cause we had none. We had to make do with our home brews, our Arctic mochas and a lone case of San Pellegrino. We all had to chip in and make do with all we had. Fortunately I made it out by 2:15 pm and started my weekend early! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha....not quite.
I got my rain coat and headed out into the sunny afternoon, headed on a bus NE, to take a physical for the next step in my halfway determined pursuit at law enforcement. The other side of civil service. I'm thinking all along...maybe 20 years and a pension later I can do what I really want to do and spend all my says muse-ing on the mall. My conscience is clear about my high days being merely anecdotal. But it turns out my history of asthma looms much larger, though unmedicated for some time. As it seems a lot less risky for me to be lugging myself up wide marble steps than rickety wood, potentially dander-balled inclines, I think the degree of mental and physical comfort afforeded by my original pursuit of particular civil service establishment would be the more complementary option.
So I have to realign my focus again, sometimes being narrow-minded can make the world seem wider around the waistband, and comfort is very important. If you can breathe, you can think, write, sing, paint..or just do nothing...peacefully.