Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Free Coffee beats Chinese Death Camps!



Latte Art at Grounded
Originally uploaded by Neubie.



Quite a thrill for me to be released upon the public again...and maybe tomorrow, to shill and shrill and bark and sing the praises of our current promotional venture. I spare the offers details, unless you wanna comment. But I'm out there babbling in public to these poor commuters and tourists alike in my Michael Buffer voice and not so buff latte belly. What made it a bit trifling though was having to share the corner, outnumbered 4:2 with Falun Gong practicioners gathering at McPherson Square for what would be a big demonstration later in the day. Clearly I felt up to the task, my product and message a relief in this town where the activism outreaches never end. On every corner you have a cause. My only cause today was Free Coffee!! And singing. One suited young gent offered the obvious but succinct observation, which entitles this post. Yes indeed it's damn true.
So, no follow-up to the Gongers, I've tried the art which sort of bridges meditation and yoga but the literary accompaniment and it's peaceful, nonviolent, potential-threat to Chinese Gov't message I don't take to heart. I did not attend such rally. Meanwhile with a tweaked back, I am now accruing several left part of body ailments. Hope I don't go totally numb. At least my brain still works half the time.